Dianne McDaniel, a Rhody Cruiser, recently participated in the
2015 Relay For Life of Florence, Kick-Off Party Chili Cook-Off
It was a fun evening with Silent Auctions and Live Desert Auctions, kids games and live music. Of course, the Chili was the big deal of the night, and was served by 25 Seasoned chili cooks. Free Taste, Buy a Bowl, Vote your Favorite.
More than a hundred folks snacked around, and dropped their votes in a jar.
Dianne was cooking up her Award Winning “Bow Tie Cactus Chili” that she successfully competed with in the 1970’s. Then… with great drama, the winners were announced.
Dianne won Second Place behind the Elks Club Team.
— The old trophies are long gone, but the legend bubbles on.
Dianne says she loves to cook, had a great time serving with her Granddaughter Breanna, and felt fantastic about helping raising money for Relay For Life of Florence.
The Rhody Cruisers Activity Heads met to review 2014, and plan the upcoming 2015 Season. Many suggestions were made for shows, local and overnight cruises, stand arounds, races and group adventures. It will be a fun year. We hope all members participate and offer ideas that all can enjoy.
These Activity Committee members reaffirmed their commitment to
the Rhody Cruisers and a successful 2015.
1. OregonCoastHotRods.com – Gary McDaniel (541-590-0717):
Our web site is giving the Cruisers… Member News, Info about upcoming events, event updates, stories, and more. Get your stories and news to Gary. Check in often for ALL Club news, upcoming shows and updates.
NEW! Facebook Group OregonCoastHotRods
2. COMMUNITY AGENDAS – Bob Brown (541)997-3320 or email@example.com: Les Schwab Annual Party, Veterans Parade, Rhody Days Parade
3. CAR SHOWS – Reid Ransom (541)997-8539 or firstname.lastname@example.org:
A Year long list of the seasons Car Shows will be sent to all members.
4. STAND AROUNDS – POSITION presently open. Monthly activity event for cruisers to meet for a breakfast, lunch or dinner as a social get together to catch up with car news and getting to know and share with fellow cruisers.
5. PINK SLIPS – Jan Brandow (541-997-0105) or (email@example.com) Ladies sharing in local activities including a movie, bingo, lunch, social events, etc.
6. ASSISTED LIVING FACILITIES – Jim and Sonja Adie (541)997-4971 or firstname.lastname@example.org: Spruce Point/Shorewood and any other support to the Senior Citizens.
7. SOCIAL ISSUES – Sonja Adie (541-997-4971 or email@example.com
Picnics, special club events including meetings, notices of deaths, funerals, prayer requests, etc. i.e. Hat Show for Linda in April
8. TELEPHONE – Jan Brandow (541-997-0105)Informing cruisers who do not have access to internet.
The cars are bitchin’.
The ladies are gold.
— Guys roll up and Stories are told
— You got a good story?
Example: Pullin’ out of San Pedro late one night, the moon and stars were shining bright. We was headed up ..Grapevine Hill, passing cars like they was standing still.
This is a picture of our youngest Great Grandson, Cole.
He hopes becomes a Rhody Cruiser. He looks pretty sharp in his new car, thanks to his grandpa,
Dennis Brandow on his third birthday.
by: Janice Brandow
By: C.J. Booth
Please pass on this message of my gratitude to all the awesome persons that helped me and my “Miss Libby”, as she broke down right as I started into the tunnel on our return home trip. A huge Thank You to all the strong guys that helped push her ALL the way UP hill through to the other side and helped work on her! And to Karen Buckmaster for making the phone calls to my husband to get the tow truck. The car and I where taken to Dan McIntyre’s with husband following to get me back home. Thank God no one was hurt (other then sore muscles), it wasn’t raining or dark and all the while traffic made it past us safely. What a story this is !!
To me it confirms that when we travel together to the shows (or cruises) it’s also good to travel back home together. We sure have a wonderful car club, with awesome souls that I am so grateful to know . Love to all, Carolyn “C.J” Booth
This was the first StandAround of the season. Everyone was ready to blow some dust off the Hot Rod. We met up in Florence and cruised about 30 miles south to Winchester Bay. Great weather. The cars were bitchin’. Pizza of the year at Bedrocks on the Bay.
Winchester Bay Run from Gary McDaniel on Vimeo.