May 18, 2019
8:00 AM till 2:30 PM
…Awards at 1:30
Grocery Outlet Parking Lot – Florence, Oregon
on Highway 101 @ 21st St.
All the details Here
Mini Show and Registration
Friday May 17… 3:30 to 5:30
Grocery Outlet, Florence
• Music DJ, .. Raffles all day.
• Breakfast and Barbecue
by Florence Humane Society.
• See the Video from 2014 Show
The Big Show Is Over…
After almost a year of planning, topped by 2000 miles of walking in 3 days, the RnR show is now history.
Rhody Cruiser members have worked on the Committee, came down early to setup, provided “Visitor Services” for Friday’s Show, and even more staffed entry gates, Raffle Tables and helped with dozens of things that needed doing all weekend. Without rolling out a big list of names, I just want to thank those Volunteers who made this possible. I am proud, and feel like this is a Rhody Cruisers event almost as much as Florence Area Chamber of Commerce. …Thanx for playing with us.
Rods ‘n Rhodies Best of Show.
I almost fell over every time I walked by this Little Red Hot Rod. It is a 33 Ford 3 Window Coupe. A period correct dry lakes racer, from back in the day. The detail is amazing, and the overall look just knocks me out.
I doubt it has ever seen much salt, as it is a new build.
Everyone I talked to said…
“Yeah, Best of Show.”
Hey Dan… Mind if I take it around the block?
Owned and Built by:
Dan & Connie Kimball
… Dexter, Oregon
OregonCoastHotRods.com presented its coveted “Best Coastal Cruiser” award Sunday afternoon. This was NOT a tough choice for me, as I knew on Friday who won. As the moment arrived, I asked Russ to let me do the presentation. I wanted to explain that the award is not for the flashiest paint or most horsepower. I look for a car that has a family, a job, and takes care of the family, getting them home safe, …and looking really good doing it. … This winner joins a growing list “Coastal Cruiser” recipients now in the 4th year.
“It is my pleasure to present an award, that I didn’t pay for, to a car that was not entered.” and the winner is …..
A car that was workin’ at the show for 3 days. It pulls a 5800 pound trailer around and runs the best outdoor sound system ever.
This 1969 Chevelle Wagon, was built in the memory of his son. Owned and built by Russ Strohmeyer.
It was the Stro’s Show that kept everything grooving.
Russ Strohmeyer is President of the
Willamette Valley Street Rods
I bet you’ve noticed… There has been little new content for a while in the Rhody Cruisers Section.
Here is my excuse, and what I’m doing about it.
The problem with an actual website is that the “User”, that’s you, has to navigate to it. It doesn’t come to you. It’s great for display, and archive, but it doesn’t come to you.
… eMail comes to you. So that seems the best way for me to reach you and keep you informed.
The CRUISER NEWSER was born and has been well received.
I create the Newser in MailChimp, a graphics and eMail management software, separate from OregonCoastHotRods, built in WordPress. If I were to include all the news on the website, I would have to recreate it from scratch. Ummm… No.
But I can give them to you here, for you to browse. It’s really fun to go back in time and see what we were doing. I will update this list with each new one.
Here is the Archive of all CRUISER NEWSER Issues So Far:
- 10/17/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER October ’19 #2
- 10/09/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER October #1 • Cars & Coffee • Vintage Trailers • Holiday Events
- 09/26/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • Time Change Myrtle Point
- 09/25/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER Sept ’19 #4 • Myrtle Point • C&C •
- 09/12/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • Rods ‘n Rhodies, Schwab, Cranberry
- 08/29/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER UPDATE • Cadillac Bob
- 08/27/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER August ’19 #4
- 08/22/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER Aug 19 #3 • Rods n Rhodies • Winchester •
- 08/14/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER August #2 • Shorewood • Lakeside * Jerry’s
- 08/09/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER Aug. #2 Cars & Coffee • Art Show • Elmira
- 07/29/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER Aug ’19 #1 • Meeting Rules • Sizzling Steaks
- 07/17/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER July #2 • Newport • Art Exhibit
- 07/01/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER – July ’19 • Wings • Crow
- 06/12/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • June #1 • Beachcomber Days
- 05/30/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER May 30 ’19 • Rhody Days Review • Rollin To F4J
- 05/13/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER May 2019 #2 • Rhody Days • Cars n Coffee
- 05/10/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER May #1 • Oakland Show • Rhody Days Parade
- 04/27/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • April ’19 #1 • Florence Cars & Coffee •
- 03/21/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER March 19 #2 • Events • Memorials • Coffee
- 02/28/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • Special Edition • Memorials • Shows
- 02/19/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • Beebe and Streit Memorial
- 02/06/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER • Feb 19 #1 • More Member News
- 01/26/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER Jan 19 #5 * Wings and Wheels Update
- 01/02/2019 – CRUISER NEWSER January 2019 • Happy New Year
- 10/08/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER • October 2018 #2 • Toy Drive
- 10/01/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER • October ’18 • Rhody Cruise-In
- 09/14/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER • OOPS! …Bad Info
- 09/13/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER Sept, ’18 #3 Rods ‘N Rhodies Wrap-up
- 07/31/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER • Coquille Steak Feed
- 07/01/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER JULY, 18 * Wings & Wheels + More
- 05/24/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER – First Annual Classic Car Stand-Around
- 05/30/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER • Rolling To Coquille
- 05/16/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER – Rhody Days Parade * Car Show
- 04/03/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER – A&W Cruise-In • Hot Rod Guest Parties
- 02/21/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER – Hot Rod Party! • Orders Are In •
- 01/21/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER – Jackets.. Order Now!
- 01/02/2018 – CRUISER NEWSER – We Start It Up Again
Here is a totally original and complete 1953 Chevrolet Bel Air. This car is unmolested, and ready for restoration or a drive in the country. Numbers matching 6 Cylinder engine and 3 speed transmission. Floorboards and trunk are solid, but some rust on rear quarter panel. New Battery, water pump, fuel pump, plugs, wires and points, new wheel and master cylinders. It starts right up and you can drive it home. It sounds good and runs smooth. Current Oregon tags. For more info, talk to Bob… the owner. Text or Call for Best Response (541)961-2688. …eMail email@example.com checked daily.
It was a great day for a car show in Toledo Oregon. It was warm but the shade from our canopies made it bearable. It was the 25th anniversary for the car show and there was a good turnout of cars from all makes and models, stock and modified, even some ratted out vintage motorcycles. The Rhody Cruisers were well represented with 5 cars in attendance. Of the 5 cars, 4 received awards, a pretty good haul for the club. Gary Neil’s 1935 Ford won 2nd Place Best 30’s, Sandy’s pick up won Best Ford, Wiley Files’s ’60 Pontiac won 1st Place Best in Class 1960’s, and Brian Avery’s 55 Packard won the Ace Hardware Larry Hart Award. Larry Hart was the original owner of the local Ace Hardware store and the founder of the Toledo Car Show some 25 years ago. Also representing the Rhody Cruisers was Paul with his 1956 Chevy. A great time was had by all.
— Photos and Story By: Brian Avery
Put this on your Calendar…
This Cruise-in has grown. every month we fill the parking lot and take over the A&W. We enjoy Great American Food, and Chatter. We have a brief meeting for announcements and discussion.
New Members or tourists welcome.
All Hot Rod/Classics welcome.
Rain or shine… Hot Rods or drivers.
FIRST THURSDAY OF EVERY MONTH … Next Cruise-in February 6th, 2020
50/50 Rolls On. Ticket sales at 4:00. Winner every Month
A & W offers $ 5.00 Combo Meal Deals. Anything on the wall $5 Bux!
WHERE: A&W Root Beer. 1690 Highway 101, Florence OR
TIME: 4:00 to 5:30 PM
Comments about this? email Gary at firstname.lastname@example.org