[ngg_images source=”galleries” container_ids=”21″ display_type=”photocrati-nextgen_pro_horizontal_filmstrip” image_crop=”0″ image_pan=”1″ show_playback_controls=”1″ show_captions=”0″ caption_class=”caption_overlay_bottom” aspect_ratio=”1.5″ width=”100″ width_unit=”%” transition=”fade” transition_speed=”1″ slideshow_speed=”5″ border_size=”0″ border_color=”#ffffff” override_thumbnail_settings=”0″ thumbnail_width=”120″ thumbnail_height=”90″ thumbnail_crop=”0″ ngg_triggers_display=”always” order_by=”sortorder” order_direction=”ASC” returns=”included” maximum_entity_count=”500″]As an active member of the Rhody Cruisers, this amazing Mercury Town Sedan has competed in hundreds of local and regional car shows, consistently winning awards for Best of Show, Best 40’s, Best Stock, and Peoples Choice. The car has been driven about 1,000 miles per year to Shows and Parades. It is always clean, serviced, and ready to roll down the road on a moment’s notice.
This 1947 Mercury Town Sedan was completely restored by the current owner. The frame off restoration took 7 years, of finding the correct parts, chasing all the details, and maintaining a high level of craftsmanship. The restoration was finally completed in 2005. The car is completely stock, with the exception of a few upgrades to enhance reliability and safety. More Restoration Story:
- 239 Cubic Inch flathead V8 59 A-B 100 HP Engine
- 3 Speed Transmission with Columbia 2 Speed Rear End
- Original Monsoon Maroon Exterior Color
- LeBarron Bonney Interior in Tan with Green Trim
- Pertronix Electronic Ignition
- Cooker Radial White Wall Tires
- Most Trim Polished and Rechromed during restoration
- All Systems and Accessories are Fully Operational
- Originally assembled in Richmond California, May 1947. It is believed to have stayed on the West Coast since.
- Many Technical Manuals, Catalogs, and Reference Materials Included
- Restoration Receipts and Spare Parts Included
Please contact the Owner/Builder, Jim Adie for more detailed Info, or an Appointment to see this amazing Classic American Vehicle. Call (541) 997-4971